Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A blog by any other name (redux)...

The decision has been made. This blog shall be: Infinite Dominoes.

Why Infinite Dominoes? I believe in the idea of contextual Free Will; we are all connected, to each other and to our own past. Every choice we make, or don't, leads inexorably to the next. We build ourselves experientially (oooh I love coining new words!). Each choice is made freely but we don't live in a vacuum. We live in community and we have history. We carry that community and that history with us in every action we take or opt not to take. Our history and community provide context to our actions allowing us to understand whys of what we do and to learn from our successess and failures.

That context is something that has been horribly lacking in our public and political discourse over the last several years. I hope that is something I can keep in mind as I share my take on things with you all. Look forward (or not) weekly updates (at a minimum) as I try to get things into perspective for myself and understand what makes the Dominoes tumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment