Monday, March 16, 2009

A blog by any other name...

When I started this (two or three whole posts ago) I thought the blog title was fairly original. I love the concept of the Talking Stick as a way to facilitate communication. But, apparently so did a LOT of other people! I have, therefore, decided that this thing needs a new name.

Here are a few choices I like:
  • Damn Glad to Meet You (for purely personal reasons this one cracks me up!)
  • Fortress of Blogitude
  • ...We Also Write Blogs (from a story by Robert Heinlein)
  • Foot Long Chili Blog (purely for the silly factor)
  • If This Goes On... (from a second Robert Heinlein story)
  • Intellectual Limbo (I can't decide if this is for the "place" or the dance...)
  • Washing My Brain
  • Infinite Dominoes (based on a quote from a book by Orson Scott Card - “Free will doesn’t exist. Only the illusion of free will, because the causes of our behavior are so complex that we can’t trace them back. If you’ve got one line of dominoes knocking each other down one by one, then you can always say, Look, this domino fell because that one pushed it. But when you have an infinite number of directions, you can never find where the casual chain begins. So you think, that domino fell because it wanted to.” Ender's Game, p. 384)
  • Collapsing Wave Functions (Quantum Mechanically speaking, we're all just collapsed wave functions (or a pieces of a larger collapsing wave function))
  • Name this blog
If none of these strike your fancy, please, make a suggestion of your own. I have plenty of time. Meanwhile, I will continue to blog about things that strike my fancy and hope that my observations and opinions have some relevance to you, or not.

2 comments:

  1. I still say Infinite Domino. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I dunno... "Damn Glad to Meet You" sure has a nice ring to it! :)

    ReplyDelete