Monday, March 2, 2009

Testing the waters

I finally decided that I needed a blog of my own (http://www.infinitedominoes.com). This should post out to Facebook as well. But before I get started posting I wanted to lay down a few rules:

I have things to say, about politics and religion, about morality and ethics and about life in general. Infinite Dominoes is going to be my forum for that. If you don't like it, don't read it. I am not writing this for you, I am writing it for me.

I won't be answering flames that disagree with me. If you want to engage in a thoughtful discussion of the issues I'm all for it. But, I balk at butting heads with morons; never try to teach a pig to sing, it only wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Upfront warnings:
I am a progressive liberal - George Bush is not only a moron, he's a war criminal, as are most of his senior staff.

I am an agnostic humanist - I respect your right to worship your god as you see fit. But please, I pray, recognize that your right to your religious beliefs ends where it attempts to enforce itself on non-believers, even (or especially) for their own good.

I am pro-choice and against capital punishment and see no moral ambiguity in that position. They are separate issues. One involves the state infringing on the medical choices of its citizens, the other is state sanctioned murder. The fetus has no rights until its born; the murderer can be kept behind bars for his entire life for far less cost morally and financially then by putting him to death.

I am for gun control but am pro gun rights again no ambiguity there, it is a long stretch from a handgun to protect your home and family to a sub-machine gun or assault rifle; there is such a thing as sensible restraint of rights.

Knowing the rules please read and comment. I will be writing whether you read it or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment